-
September 4th, 2004, 02:58 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Had to sneek in here to post this, but I was just having coffee with my wife and she casually said "its too bad the paint is all chipped up, I like the Gray" Before I could come to my sense she continued, "I wonder if someone sells those stickers new?" I think someone stold my wife as we slept. Cheers. Back to having coffee with my wife.
-
September 4th, 2004, 09:45 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Wow - that's very weird and frustrating. Why is it that women in general care only if a cab looks "nice" , but are oblivious to how closely they duplicate the performance in the home. Wonder if they hear ok - they traditionally don't hear much husbands say.
Sure would be nice if someone with a sign cutting system could duplicate the Altec decals. They bring a high price on ebay usually.
-
September 5th, 2004, 04:25 AM
#3
Hostboard Member
This sort of thing does happen with wives once in a while. I saw a pair of altec cabinets on ebay once, and showed the listing to my wife. The seller said his wife said he had to sell them because they didn't go in their living room. My wife said, "They'd go ok in mine!" Well, that's where they are now, and with no complaints too!
However, I have tried to recreate the occurance a couple times since then, with no success, so make the best of it when it happens.
Funny thing too, mine are grey as well!
-
September 5th, 2004, 04:23 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi altec fan, It is the cabs you gave me that we are talking about. After driving through 300 miles of -35 degree weather to pick them up, they are finally set up. I put 515Gs in the boxes, 1005B horns with two 288C drivers each, and a Beyma CP25 super tweeter. They sound great!!! thanks again.
-
September 5th, 2004, 04:56 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
>Sure would be nice if someone with a sign cutting system could duplicate the Altec decals. They bring a high price on ebay usually.
====
When this came up awhile back I checked around locally for pricing if I provided the artwork and it wasn't cheap, so I checked with the local rep to see if they still had some laying around, but when they switched to B***, they dumped anything with an Altec logo.
If someone has one in good condition (I tossed all mine decades ago when Altec quit using them), it can be duplicated as a print on the appropriate gloss paper, which can then be glued on. Or have someone take a digital photo of one on a cab, touched up if required in Photoshop/whatever, and have prints made from it.
Not perfectly OEM, but close enough for all but the most **** retentive.
GM
-
September 6th, 2004, 03:38 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Yes, you just have to make hay when the sun shines. After my wife inadvertently blew my previous set of (non-Altec) speakers a pair of model 19s where then acceptable in the living room. But to this day the A7-500s cannot set foot outside of the family room.
-
September 6th, 2004, 11:40 PM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
I have four in new condition if you want to borrow one. I really need 4 more to take care of the A-7's in the house. I was kind of thinking what one would look like done on a sign printer on scotchlite material - might be interesting.
-
September 8th, 2004, 03:05 PM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
>I have four in new condition if you want to borrow one.
=====
Yes I would, thanks! YGM......
GM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.
Bookmarks